On Saturday, October 28, 2017, OHSC will hold its 1st Annual (?) Gunkhole Regatta. As previously emailed, this is meant to be a fun and more social type of opportunity for us to sail without the formality and normal rules of a regular-season regatta.
Details are attached with rules and a map showing the start/finish line and five marks that must be rounded (in whatever order you choose) in order to complete the regatta.
- Bring your own stopwatch.
- We will NOT have a manned safety boat for this event.
- We are moving everything up one hour: Captains’ Meeting at 9:30 a.m., Regatta start no later than 10 a.m. For those of you that find that too early, please show up when you can and sail some with us anyway.
- We expect to eat around 1:30 to 2:00 p.m.
- Please sign up at the link below as to your intention to participate, and what food item you can bring (the club is furnishing hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, and condiments and water). We need items to complement that.
- If you can’t sail, we still want you to join the picnic, as this is our final sailing -oriented club event of the year.
- We will answer any questions you might have at the Captains’ Meeting, or you can ask via email.
- Sign up for this event at this link
- Reserve your seats for the November 18, Annual Banquet and Awards and plan to pay Linda Marsh next Saturday (check to Oak Hollow Sailing Club” or cash, $25 per person). Go to the Nov. 18 tab at the link.