Oak Hollow Sailing Club Upcoming Events

IMG_20140621_125801_795To all OHSC Members:
It is hard to believe we are half way through 2014, already! It has been another exciting and successful year for the club, and we still have another 4.5 months remaining of our sailing season. We have had thirteen new member/member families join us so far this year, nine of whom were new to the sport. Eight of the nine have received basic instruction from us so far, with one remaining to be scheduled. Total club membership is 54 members/member families, and 74% of our membership has attended at least one of our functions. We hope to see the other 26% before year-end!
Following are our upcoming events:
Saturday, July 19: July Regatta, Captain’s Meeting, 10:30 a.m. (sign up if you plan to sail or would like to crew (at the following link)

Sunday, July 20: Member skills workshop and Fun Sail
Saturday, July 26: First Annual “Blue Chips” Charity Regatta (supports Pancreatic Cancer Research) sign up to sail and for covered dish at the following link

Saturday, August 16: August Regatta, Captains’ Meeting, 10:30 a.m.
Sunday: August 17: Member skills workshop and Fun Sail
August 30 to September 27: all Saturdays during this period OHSC will be teaching High Point University’s Fall Semester “Basic Sailing” class. Andy Squint and Paul Walter are the coordinators for this class. Paul and Andy will share classroom instruction duties and we will be looking for assistance from our other club members to help out at the marina for the “on the water” instruction and supervision. We ask all of our members to check their calendars on those Saturdays and offer their help. We will send out a signup sheet for those dates. 100% of the proceeds from HPU tuition go directly to the club treasury and allow us to keep our annual membership dues low, so this is an important and rewarding activity for our club, and for the students.
Saturday, September 20: September Regatta: Captains’ Meeting 10:30 a.m., High Point University students will join us in the regatta and will be sailing the city’s Sunfish. This is a great regatta!
Looking forward to seeing you all!
Paul Walter