We are looking forward to a FABULOUS year of fun and festivities on and off the water! Please make a note of our scheduled events. Much more may be added as the year progresses.
Our 2016 mission is to increase skills and confidence for our newer sailors. Your Board has already begun working behind the scenes on new programs to ensure this happens. Stay tuned for more exciting details.
Please contact Linda Marsh this week if you are interested in the 8 week classroom “Learn to Sail” curriculum beginning in January. Let her know if you have a Tuesday or Wednesday evening preference. See below under “training dates”…
Oak Hollow will become a US Sailing member this year. If you as an individual or family are interested in joining, more details will be forthcoming on the MVP program. Benefits include discounted regatta fees, sailing merchandise, members only training, etc. A portion from each membership will go back to the club to be used for training materials and other needed items.
Oak Hollow Sailing Club
2016 OHSC Schedule
Board of Director Meeting Dates – 6-7:30pm @ High Point Barnes & Noble (all members welcome)
- Wednesday, March 30
- Wednesday, April 13
- Wednesday, May 18
- Wednesday, June 15
- Wednesday, July 13
- Wednesday, August 17
- Wednesday, September 14
- Wednesday, October 12
Regatta dates – 10:30am Skipper’s Meeting
- Saturday, April 16
- Saturday, May 21
- Saturday, June 18
- Saturday, July 16 – 3rd Annual Nancy Valego Memorial Race
- Saturday, August 20th
- Saturday, September 17 w/ HPU students
- Saturday, October 15
- Saturday, November 12 – Interclub vs. Lake Townsend at Oak Hollow
- Saturday, June 4 – Sunday, June 5 – Mayor’s Cup at Lake Townsend
- Friday, June 17 – Sunday, June 19 – Governor’s Cup at Kerr Lake
- TBD – Windchaser 2 – New Sailor Board Boat Regatta – Oak Hollow
- Saturday, October 29 – Sunday, October 30 – Halloween on Townsend 5
- Friday, April 30 – Sunday, May 1 – Jordan Lake Vista Point Camp and Sail Weekend
- Tuesday, May 10 – 6:30-7:30pm Open House at South Marina Conference Room
- Sunday, May 22 – 1pm – 5pm Community Fun Day
- November TBD – Annual year end awards banquet
- January – March – Tues or Weds 7pm-9pm – 8 sessions – US Power & Sail Squadron “Learn to Sail” class, $70 includes classroom materials, reduced fee for couples. Contact Linda Marsh for more details, [email protected]. Minimum 6.
- Saturday, March 19 – 9am-5pm – US Sailing Race Management Seminar at Oak Hollow Marina Office, $50 includes lunch and classroom materials. Sailors from around the state will be in attendance. Max 30. Contact me if interested in attending, [email protected].
Socials – held monthly March through October last week of the month – dates TBD